*Their mission is below.*

All some of us need to do is to be there at the right time and the right
place.. right ? We'll buzz them down ;-)

Sunday September 27, 2009 at 16:00 GMT

      1st combat squadron bombing mission
      <http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5761#p43984>

Post
<http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=43984&sid=ad1c6199e402ac8a55578bd6c91df398#p43984>by

*yourgod
<http://www.flightgear.org/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5793&sid=ad1c6199e402ac8a55578bd6c91df398>*

on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:14 am

The scenario:
Allied forces in the pacific have captured the island Tanegashima off
the southern coast of Japan. Command has decided to use the airstrip on
this island to launch a swift strike aerial bombing campaign against the
cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This mission will require fighter
escort as we expect resistance from Japanese fighters.

The primary objective is a strike against Hiroshima's airport. Once that
target has been destroyed we will head to Nagasaki and destroy the
airport there then return to Tanegashima.

The details:

Launch date and time: Sunday September 27, 2009 at 16:00 GMT (noon US
eastern time)
It will be quite dark in Japan at this time so set time of day to your
liking.

Launch point: RJFG Tanegashima VOR 115.40
First target: RJOA Hiroshima VOR 117.9
Second target: RJFU Nagasaki VOR 116.6

Cruise speed will be roughly 200MPH+ (173 knots) so please attend with
planes capable of that speed. Flight time will be just over 1 hour to
Hiroshima. Plan for at least 2.5 to 3 hours for the whole event.

Cruise altitude is debatable but I'm initially planning on FL100-120
(10000-12000ft). We can opt to fly low to the ground (avoid radar!) if
everyone wants to..

We need bombers, allied fighters, and some zeroes to defend the homeland
would be fantastic. I will be flying a B-29 so one bomber is covered.
Any period planes are welcome as long as allied/axis lines are
maintained (no zeroes coming along to attack Hiroshima!) and they can
keep up with the planned 200MPH cruise speed.

Zero pilots can plan with each other to take off from any airfield they
like to intercept us.

This should be a good event to give everyone a chance to do some good
old-fashioned dogfighting, and give the zero pilots some fun bomber
attacking experience as well.

Hosted by Flightgear's own, First Combat Squadron.