Hello, once again. Sorry to be posting so many questions on several subjects
sequentially. But things are going well, so I'm constantly running into new
things that I need to adapt and understand.

I've created some customized textures for my scenery. They've been added to the
materials.xml file. However, I can't yet use them when running fgfs-construct,
as they aren't on the list that terragear is searching for in the case switch.
I know that I can easily implement them by overwriting some of the normal
terrain types, but I'd rather do it right and have them properly named, not to
mention still having all default terrain types still available to me.

What files do I need to amend this list in? I've been going through code,
trying to trace it all out, but I haven't managed to find it yet. I know
there's a case switch in BuildTiles/main.cxx that picks one of 25 cover types.
But those read an integer, and translate it to a string. I'm not sure where I
need to add my own textures to the integer list to be translated.

I might even be investigating the wrong thing entirely. So the question is:
once I've created custom textures, and added them to the materials.xml file,
what else do I need to do to allow them to be used in fgfs-construct?
Thanks folks!
-cullam

favourite sites. Download it now
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.