On 2 Oct 2009, at 01:14, Jacob Burbach wrote:

> I must be losing my mind then, I had both Ki and Kd in pid-controller
> without errors previously, and changing the values certainly had an
> effect.

The values haven't had any affect, before or after my change. I
haven't checked the full history.

If, in the past, those values had an effect, we need to define which
version / revision of xmlauto.cxx you're talking about more
specifically!

See here:

http://cvs.flightgear.org/viewvc/source/src/Autopilot/xmlauto.cxx?view=log#rev1.43

I do notice from the log, that it was Torsten's change of  March this
year that introduced the false positive warnings, prior to that I
guess the warnings were 'correct', though at log-level INFO, and
therefore invisible to most people.

At least as early as revision 1.36 (February this year) there is no
support for Ki or Kd. Going back to revision 1.28 (February 2008!)
there is again no support...

I wouldn't like to say you are losing your mind, but maybe this
parameters worked in FG 1.0? (I have no idea about that...)

> On another note, theres a bug in FGAutoBrake::postInit. It's using
> _weightOnWheelsNode without checking if it is actually a valid
> pointer. With atc aircraft it's null, and causes a segfault.

Ack, thought I'd caught all of those, thanks.

James