I like this idea! It's a well-intentioned way to support the community.

Jon

From: FlightProSim.com [mailto:sa...@flightprosim.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 5:30 PM
To: flightgear-de...@lists.sf.net
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] October $250 Flight Gear Developers Draw---

Hi All,

To further enhance the Flight Gear project we would like to begin a monthly
developer's competition.

We are asking you to give ideas for what could get developed over the next
month..

This must be attainable, measurable and worth getting created.

A couple of rules:

1.      All code to be released under GPL 2/3, or as public domain
2.      Only one winner will be awarded the $250 USD prize
3.      Prize money will be sent via paypal to the winners account
4.      This s a monthly prize so all entries to be in by October 31 2009
5.      The winner will be picked by the developers here for the best
enhancement made!!

Hopefully this will be ongoing monthly with an increase in prize money as
more money becomes available.

We want to help Flight Gear gain further momentum, new developers and make
Flight Gear the flight sim of choice to the masses.

Lets open this up for discussion and any questions you may have

Charlie and the team at FPS