I believe the problem is that the new fuel tank priority code doesn't deal
correctly (yet) with the case of multiple non-empty tanks at startup,
throwing it into an infinite loop.
As I said, not quite clearly, on the fgfs list, you have to set priorities,
with lower numbers going first, and higher number last (simple as adding
<priority>n</priority> tags to the tank definitions, with n the priority, as
an integer).
This allows, for example, to model emptying wing tanks before the central
one, without any fancy configuration or coding : set the priority of the
wing tanks to 1, and the internal fuel tank to 2.

Aircraft with multiple tanks, but only one with fuel in it at startup will
not exhibit the problem as the code will use the one with fuel in it.

Hope that's clearer,
Cheers,
Nic

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM, gerard robin <ghma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On mercredi 14 octobre 2009, Anders Gidenstam wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Scott Hamilton wrote:
> > >   I've noticed that a lot of JSBsim files got updated just the other
> > > day, and today was the first time I've had
> > >   a chance to try it out.
> > >
> > >   I'm working on the A380 which does use JSBsim, and during the engine
> > > start everything freezes just after
> > >   the starter is turned false, the ignition is true and the cutoff is
> > > turned false. This is around N2 = 27%
> > >
> > >   Fortunately I had compiled everything with debug, so a quick look in
> > > gdb reveals at stacktrace (on interrupt signal)
> >
> > Good catch!
> >
> > I've also (with high probability) run into this using ZLT-NT, but
> > prefered to blame it on the sound subsystem :) and didn't have time to
> > investigate it further. Strangely enough it doesn't happen with all
> > aircraft - I have flown other JSBSim aircraft after the update.
> > ZLT-NT has an electric motor among the engines, does the A380
> > also have something like that?
> >
> > I crosspost this to JSBSim-devel.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Anders
> >

> With some of my models, i had the same "freeze" during start , i solved it
> with
> => give the <priority>  value   to the Tanks according to the last Dave
> update.
> I don't know if there is any relationship with your problem, anyhow mine
> was
> solved  :)
>
> Cheers
> --
> Gérard
>
> J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
> Voltaire

> The JSBSim Flight Dynamics Model project
> http://www.JSBSim.org

Be Kind.
Remember, everyone is fighting a hard battle.