On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 14:01 +0200, Erik Hofman wrote:

> Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > todays SimGear cvs doesn't compile for me:
> >
> > visual_enviro.cxx: In member function ‘void SGEnviro::drawLightning()’:
> > visual_enviro.cxx:759: error: ‘class SGSoundSample’ has no member
> > named ‘set_base_position’
>
> sorry, I had to commit another change. it's fixed now.

This seems to have returned the ATC chatter, and some of the "once" xml
sounds, such as flaps moving.

But engine sound is missing and the click "once" sounds when switches
are flicked. I don't know what to
look at, I turned up the log level and it seems like things are being
played, just not heard??? But I can't
say for sure the looped engines sounds as defined in xml sound are
really being played.....

If it helps this is the output of al-info

AL_VENDOR = "OpenAL Community"
AL_RENDERER = "OpenAL Soft"
AL_VERSION = "1.1"
AL_EXTENSIONS = "AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4
AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET
AL_LOKI_quadriphonic"

ALC_DEVICE_SPECIFIER = "ALSA Software on default"
ALC_MAJOR_VERSION = 1
ALC_MINOR_VERSION = 1
ALC_EXTENSIONS = "ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT
ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_EFX"
ALC_DEFAULT_DEVICE_SPECIFIER = "ALSA Software on default"

S.