On Sunday 18 October 2009 11:04:24 am Erik Hofman wrote:
> Durk Talsma wrote:
> > When I start the CitationX, I hear the engine and other sounds.  For
> > several other aircraft, including the Cessna 172,and the  Lockheed1049h,
> > I don't hear anything. I also get the pops when starting and closing
> > flightgear.
>
> I suspect there still is a positioning or orientation problem hiding
> somewhere that's causing it. My speed lessons in quaternations don't pay
> out just yet I guess.

Sound works pretty well now. Thanks.

The only thing I noticed is that sound volume can sometimes differ quite
drastically between sessions. Yesterday,  sound volume was overwhelming, and
today it appeared to be a lot softer. Even after accounting for the fact that
I turned down the volume considerably yesterday. :-) Not sure whether this
reflects a change that was introduced today, or whether initial sound volume
is not initialized properly (I seem to have noticed this before).

Evidence regarding sound volume is still anecdotal. I'll report back after
some more systematic testing.

Cheers,
Durk