On Wednesday, 28. October 2009, Maik Justus wrote:

> Arnt Karlsen schrieb am 28.10.2009 17:26:
> > ..aye.  One problem, they provide FG binaries, but no source???
> > http://www.cloudcaptech.com/download/Piccolo/FlightGear/
>
> Do they have to provide the source to everyone? Or do they just need to
> "deliver" the license within the download and provide the source to
> everyone who asks for it (or, if they didn't altered the source: a link
> to http://www.flightgear.org/Downloads/source.shtml )

This whole discussion about the GPL and people/companies redistributing FG
seems to be based on a very wrong assumption: that we have to figure it out
completely on our selfs.

People, there is the GPL FAQ, which is very easy to read. There's the Free
Software Foundation which is quite passionate about defending free software
like FlightGear. There's the Software Freedom Law Center which provides
services free of charge to free software projects and gives for
example "License Defense and Litigation Support".

Yes, that means that there actually are free lawyers available for projects
like FlightGear. Why not use them instead of guessing on our own what and how
to do?

With regard to the question about the GPL:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DistributeWithSourceOnInternet

Cheers,
Stefan