Little mistake : The wind sound, which wasn't audible before, is now vastly
over the sound of the rumble, which I had mistakenly thought was the wind
(it makes for a better wind on wings sound, from this point of hearing
approximately between my ears)
The wind sample we use is indeed very saturated, and was drowned by the
rumble sample before.
Do you have an overview of how differently are the sounds .xml configs
interpreted vs the previous sound implementation ?
What has changed in that regard, if anything, and would you by any chance
know why there could be such a huge difference ?
Because same sound config, wildly different results.
Thanks in advance for your insights.

So never mind : sound quality might well be as good at it ever was (or even
better), sorry for that, didn't mean to muddle things up.

Cheers,
Nic

--
Be Kind.
Remember, everyone is fighting a hard battle.