On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:28 AM, John Denker <j...@av8n.com> wrote:

> On 11/14/2009 11:36 AM, Curtis Olson wrote:
>
> > I suppose we could use some heuristic such as:
> >
> > 4 character airport code that do not start with "K" or "P" use a leading
> > zero, and all other airports omit the leading zero?  We could setup the
> code
> > logic to be extensible if we find other countries that also tend to omit
> the
> > leading zero.  That doesn't give us individual control over individual
> > runways, but it might make things generally better than they are now?

I missed something in my original email I see.  In addition, any airport
codes that are 3 characters long would be assigned to the USA.  I think we
use 4 character ICAO codes for everything outside the USA.  On the other
hand, this assumes that the USA is the only country that doesn't use leading
zeros on the runways which I doubt is the case.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/