Hi All,

About this point in the release cycle, it's traditional to have a version
numbering discussion, if only so Martin and I can ensure that the documentation
matches the final binary!

My thoughts are as follows:
- The changes we've made in the last year are significant, so incrementing from
1.9.1 to 1.9.2 seems inadequate, given that the increment from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1
was a bug-fix release.
- Changing from 1.9.1 to 1.10.0 is going to confuse at least some people
(though we've done it before with 0.9.10).

As I recall, the original argument for not naming the last release v2.0 was
that we
felt that there were still some plib features that we didn't have in
OSG, in particular shadows. However, the graphics in OSG now exceed plib in
most areas (better 3D clouds, trees, shader effects, multiple
camera support), so I would claim that this is no-longer a sensible
comparison.

Given this, I think we should just bite the bullet and go for v2.0.0. We should
be pretty proud of the scope and function in FG, and I think that is an
appropriate way to recognize this.

If we start making releases on a more regular basis, this would also allow us
to use major version numbers annually (v3.0.0, v4.0.0), and minor version
numbers (v3.1.0, v3.2.0) for more quarterly releases.

-Stuart

(There, that'll increase list traffic...)