On 12/18/2009 02:53 PM, John Denker wrote:

> More generally:  Limiting the GS service volume to 10nm
> or thereabouts is a significant departure (if you'll
> pardon the expression) from previous FGFS behavior, but
> it is not wrong.  It is a feature, not a bug.

Agreed.  I often do the ILS rwy 33 approach into KFNL for real for
currency maintenance.  Often in the procedure turn, the GS flag will
activate indicating no usable GS signal.  The GS flag may stay until
(sometimes after) I start the 45 deg turn to 328 deg inbound on the
LOC.  This pretty well matches the fgfs GS flag behavior for this approach.

Dave P.