    Jari> Hi, I am cross-posting this to atlas and fg developer lists.

    Jari> Atlas does not like the current apt.dat.gz because of string
    Jari> 'SOUTH' on line 119725:

    Jari> 10 51.889770 -2.162530 SOUTH 174.360 80 0000.0000 0000.0000 80
    Jari> 111111 08 0 0 0.25 0 0300.0300

    Jari> Looking at other lines in apt.dat.gz starting with 10 hints on
    Jari> that SOUTH should be changed to S. If the above line is
    Jari> correct the Atlas must be changed (assert triggers on line 409
    Jari> in AirportsOverlay.cxx, variable rwyid becomes corrupt).

    Jari> If the above line is incorrect it would be nice if someone
    Jari> fixes apt.dat.gz. If the line is correct please comment on
    Jari> that so I can change Atlas to accept SOUTH.

It appears this entry (and others at the same airport - "NW", "NE",
"SW1", "SW2") are for helipads, since they measure 80'x80'.  According
to the specification for the 810 version airport files, "[h]elipads at
the same airport are numbered sequentially as 'H1x', H2x'."  My guess is
that these should be renamed to H1x, H2x, ...

Brian