On Feb 1, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Heiko Schulz wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> First email disappeared, so I'm sending
>> again -
>>
>> Hey guys,
>> I'm finding an issue
>> using --prop:/sim/paths/use-custom-scenery-data=true
>> Thresholds on a number of test airports are off
>> by a large degree, and the tower viewpoint is an issue at
>> some.  When use-custom-scenery-data=false spawn
>> locations and tower viewpoints are correct.
>>  Test photos are linked
>> here:http://s512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/barefootr/Flightgear/Threshold%20Bug/
>>

>> KSFO spawns you in the water off 28R.  Tower viewpoint
>> appears correct.KSLC appears to spawn same as
>> normal, but tower viewpoint is far underground.
>>  Changing tower height in apt.dat file does not affect
>> viewpoint.KBTV spawns off the end of runway 33,
>> similar to KSFO.  Tower viewpoint appears
>> correct.KJFK spawns far off the end of 31L, and
>> tower viewpoint is at zero (0) altitude.  (Tower height
>> is 320' in apt.dat, and shows correct
>> when --prop:/sim/paths/use-custom-scenery-data=false)
>> Oddly, other runway spawn locations appear to be
>> unaffected.Issue has tested valid so far
>> using: - Mac OS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard) and
>> Tat's 2.0.0-pre1(273) - Mac OS 10.4.11
>> and Tat's 2.0.0-pre1(273)
>> Anyone know what's going on?
>> Thanks,Peter
>>

> maybe this helps:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg24424.html

Thanks Heiko.
In reading your link -

It appears that Alex created a patch as stated here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg24826.html

But that was November, so perhaps the patch is not working or included in Tat's
2.0.0 pre1(273) ?
The thread did not mention the tower viewpoint bug, which is also evident.

Peter