Hi,

I couldn't find html readme file in FlightGear-2.0.0-pre3.dmg.
As an alternative, I attached a text file format converted from
previous TXT.rtf.

- TXT.txt

Cheers,
Toshi
banner.png ?

FlightGear 2.0.0-pre3 for Mac OS X, Universal Binary
February 2nd, 2009

We are very proud and excited to release the FlightGear 2.0.0-pre3 for Mac OS
X. This release gives more "comfortable" flight to every single Mac user. It
runs on Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), and 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
FlightGear 2.0.0-pre3 for Mac OS X comes with the fancy GUI launcher that eases
your flight. You can change aircraft, airport, and options as you like.

The launcher also makes it possible to fly with your wing mates. Enabling
multi-player mode pops up a fancy on-line map so you can find your new wing
mates. Tail-to-nose flight can be more fun with fgcom, an integrated voice chat
client. It allows you to chat with your wing mate for better communications
including Voice ATC. Moreover, FlightGear Mac OS X integrates Atlas - the
navigation map that helps your flight plan. Thanks to the easy installer in the
launcher, you can add new aircraft, scenery, GUI updates, and update files for
existing files in a few seconds.

Note that this release is a pre-release version and the selection of aircraft
is not officially settled yet, so I picked up the same set of aircraft.

Have a happy flight!

Installing

Simply drag & drop the FlightGear icon into the Applications folder. It
contains everything including OpenSceneGraph library in its folder. If you have
an older version of FlightGear with some additional data, move it somewhere
before copying this version to Applications folder. Overwriting FlightGear will
remove post-installed data like scenery, models, and aircraft (This is a
specification of Mac OS).

Flying With FlightGear

To launch FlightGear Mac OS X, just double-click the FlightGear icon at the
Applications Folder. Then follow the steps below:
1) Launch the FlightGear at the Applications folder, and the GUI Launcher will
appear.
2) Select an aircraft and an airport (or a carrier).
3) Check or uncheck "Download scenery on the fly" as you need.
4) Check  "Navigation Map (Atlas)" if you want to use it.
5) Click the triangle button and change options if you need.
6) Press "Start Flight," and the main window will appear.

Wait for a while and you're ready to fly. For more detailed information in
using FlightGear Mac OS X, read the documents on our website:
http://macflightgear.sourceforge.net/home/documents/

What's New in This Release?

There are so many new features added to this release since 1.9.1, which include:
- The latest JSBSim that provides many new features
- Model view for each aircraft on Multi-Player server.
- Ambient color setting has been changed
- Wildfire integration (see Environment >> Wildfire settings from the menu)
- Ridge wind
- Better integration of AI and ATC systems (I guess it's still in progress.)
- "Random failure" mode added to Equipment
- AI/ATC integration (I guess it is still in progress)
- Tanker configuration for ATC/AI
- AI Flight Plan updates allows flight plans to start at a given time
- AI Thermal updates
- AI Model updates:
  + for supporting geometry info using custom scenery project
     You can specify true to /sim/traffic-manager/use-custom-scenery-data for
enabling this feature
  + for supporting per-AI-aircraft performance xml data.
      The performance data is stored in data/AI/Aircraft/performancedb.xml
- Sub-models can be added to any AI objects (for paying frame rate)
- Supports X-Plane 850 airport file format parsing; 810 is still supported and
may be mixed with new format.
- Some dialogs can be resized (by dragging at a corner)
- Ground radar updated to display new pavements.
- Retrieve the full pavement/taxiway description, made of several words
- Directly associate runways objects with their ILS navrecord (if one exists)
- Add variable winds (direction and gusts) for the boundary layer if defined in
METAR.
- Immediately fetch a metar if real-weather-fetch is re-enabled at runtime
- New command line option --metar="some metar"
- Add support for generic binary input through network
- Fixed that type codes for localizers and ILSs were swapped in the nav.dat
reader
- Save more than 20 percent execution time by avoiding multiple calculations of
properties
- Improvement on generic network protocol
- Shader effects
- Generic input device support (Advanced Input subsystem) for Linux and Mac OS X
- Processing the ICAO.ils.xml scenery data into ILS/LOC nav records
- More precise matching of ILS records to navaids
- Update FGRunway to process information from threshold.xml files
- Enable EffectCullVisitor
- Supports random objects, vegetation, and static models on fgviewer
- Allow the joystick hat to move the view, even when the sim is paused
- Correct logic to determine if we really have a hit (on scenery)
- fgviewer can be invoked from fgfs using --fgviewer option
- Start supporting "In-scenery" airport data (described in scenery files)
- Add Bertrand Coconnier's latest landing gear code to JSBSim
- A means of looking up scenery elevation is improved
- Fixed division-by-zero problem in JSBSim, dme
- Fixed the rendering of the KLN89 on the 2D panel that was broken during the
move to osg
- Small fixes to generic protocol
- Fixed the fgfs crash at exit (happened when deleting subsystems)
- Minor bug fix patch for terrasync
- Fixed transmission of float and double values in generic protocol
- Fixed the fgjs crash on Mac OS X (caused by PLIB)

There are also Mac OS X specific new features / bug fixes including:
- terrasync finally works on Mac OS X 10.4
- fgcom start running on Mac OS X 10.4, but it still gets error due to OpenAL
(or HW) restriction
  (It works fine on OS X 10.5 or later)
- Improvement on installer.
- Fixed the bug that mpserver cannot be changed on the GUI Launcher.
- Fixed a bug that the menu bar and Dock cover FG menu on full-screen mode.
- Fixed (again) a problem loading terrasync on Tiger
  + It crashed by "Incompatible version of libiconv.2.dylib"; this should be
tested.
- Aircraft preview using fgviewer
  + You can see and move a selected aircraft's 3D model by pressing "Preview"
button on the Aircraft tab
- Added command-line tools (fgjs, js_demo, metar, yasim. fgjs probably won't
work though...)
- Fixed a problem on option interpretation, which may make FlightGear ignore
given options.
- Added Parking position option.

Known Issues

There are several known issues on this release.
- FlightGear Mac OS X runs only on OS X 10.4 or higher
- fgfs may crash on non-stable aircraft
- fgfs may crash when quitting on startup
- fgfs may freezes after a few restarts or a long flight due to NaN
- fgfs may crash during startup with no reason. Just try launching again.
- Some shader effects (default.vert and model-default.vert) are disabled since
these corrupt the scene graph on ATI Radeon X1600 card. You can enable these by
copying *.org file to *.vert under data/Shaders folder.
- Enabling water effect changes water color into green on Macs with some nVidia
chip like nVidia GT7300.
- Control + click doesn't work as right click. use double-finger tap instead
(you need to activate it from system preference).
- fgcom may not work on Mac OS X 10.4 due to OS restriction on sampling rate on
recording.
- Lots of functions could be missing due to fgfs/cvs is being developed.
- Some of aircraft look different from those in 1.9.1 since the changes in
ambient color
  (e.g. some looks darker, and transparent object likes c172p's tail light look
like solid color)
  These should be fixed by aircraft model side.
- 3D clouds become colorful rectangles when Shader Effects are disabled
- PNG textures had darker / black edges (on 3D clouds, lights, and more)
- terrasync (Download Scenery on the fly) may not work on Mac OS X 10.4 (being
investigated)

Further Information and Help

FlightGear Mac OS X website is the first place to visit. Jump Start Guide,
Users Guide, Troubleshooting, and documents for developers are available at:
http://macflightgear.sourceforge.net/home/documents/

Mailing list,  discussion forum, and various requests are also available at:
http://macflightgear.sourceforge.net/home/list-forums-etc/

The official FlightGear web site is also a good source of information. The
manual, quick reference guide, tutorials, and additional documentation are
available at:
http://flightgear.org/docs.html

Typical Q & A

Here are some typical Q & A specific to Mac OS X version.

Q: FlightGear closes when I press "Start Flight" and nothing happens. How can I
launch the simulator?
A: Launch Terminal.app (at /Applications/Utilities) and type the following
command (without "$"):

  $ cd /Applications/FlightGear.app/Contents/Resources
  $ ./fgfs.sh --aircraft=p51d --airport=KSFO

  You can change the aircraft and the airport as you want.

Q: Can I install FlightGear other than the Applications folder?