John Denker wrote:
> Here's a mystery for you: Please take a look at
>   http://www.av8n.com/fly/fgfs/img48/null-fdm-instruments.png
>
> Most of the instruments are working, but the rate-of-turn
> indicator and the Nav 1 CDI/GS needles are frozen.  You
> can see from the property browser that the Nav receiver is
> properly tuned up and is trying to drive the needles.
>
> This is observed during playback using the null FDM.  The
> same sort of frozen instruments are observed using the UFO
> FDM.
>
> The mystery gets deeper because I also observed that clicking
> on the OBS setting knob does successfully rotate the OBS card
> on Nav 1.
>
> I have debugged this as far as I can.  I'm stuck.  I don't
> have any good hypotheses as to why some instruments are
> working while some parts of other instruments are not
> working.

Well, The Null-FDM does what is say, nothing. It's expected that an
external application fill in the gaps. I did once create a support FDM
for ACMS (black-box) data but I don't think it touches anything but
position and velocity data.
I guess that to get the cockpit fully working in playback a new support
FDM has to be written that fills in the missing gaps.

Erik