Durk Talsma wrote:
> Hi Curt,
>
> A shakey power supply would indeed be my alternative hypothesis.

Hi Durk,

I am not an electronics expert but I guess the temperature will affect
the power supply too. And I think modern CPU/MB have temperature check
built in and slow the clock to compensate.

After random crashes, I would run memtest86+ and if it passes I would
replace the power supply. At least down here in Brazil faulty memory and
power supplies are really common, people say they ship the suspicious
batches to developing countries.

With lm-sensors you may be able to check the voltages also...

Regards,

Diogo