I got a Gumstix Overo Fire ARM development board running here, but I'm
stranded on developing for it because the computer my data is on(my
desktop) broke. OpenSceneGraph has beta support for OpenGL ES(which my
board, iPhone(3G S onwards), PSP, PS3 and Wii(not sure about these, I
saw that at wikipedia I think, it mentions an external reference,
though) all support it. What I can see as a barrier is the lack of
buttons in all platforms(AFAIK the PS3 supports USB keyboards but I was
able to use an USB mouse with it, because I don't have an USB keyboard),
porting/compiling to run on those platforms(ARM should be somewhat
easier as it's little-endian, but it's much simpler than x86, so some
registers may not be available, nor an equivalent, not sure about
PowerPC(all current 7th-gen consoles) and MIPS(PSP). Original Xbox can
run Linux, and it uses a standard x86 processor, but it has too little
RAM(64 MB) and a weak graphics processor(based on the NVIDIA GeForce 3
series). PS3 has enough processor and graphics, but only 256 MB of RAM.
iPhone has a limit of 128 MB of RAM for apps developed with the SDK that
are to go to the App Store(also it's GPU isn't really powerful,
obviously). My board runs Linux and has 256 MB of RAM, uses the same
processor and graphics as the 3G S(ARM Cortex-A8 core at 600 MHz and
PowerVR SGX, respectively), but a different system-on-a-chip(TI
OMAP3530, iPhone 3G S uses a Samsung SoC). What makes the difference
here is that my board doesn't run a cut-down OS, it runs full-blown
Linux, including Xorg, and that its development tools are completely
free(the iPhone SDK costs US$99/year, plus $99/year for the App Store I
think, and I think PS3's is much more expensive).
I'm willing to test FG on my board(I wanted to do so from the very
beggining), but I'll warn you: my development system is broken(Ubuntu
stopped booting after I moved my / to another HD, changed UUIDs in
menu.lst and fstab, didn't work, also my partition seems to be corrupt),
the screen has a resolution of only 480x272, and it has a resistive
touchscreen.