> A quick style question here.  A single .gitignore file at the top level can
>  be used to ignore files anywhere in the repository.  Wouldn't it be better
>  to keep a single .gitignore at the top-level instead of sprinkling them
>  across the tree?
>
> For example, there are 43 files that match the files specification:
>
>  terragear-cs/projects/VC7.1/*gitignore
>
> 42 of those files are identical, just in different directories.  Do we
>  really want to do that in the flightgear and simgear trees, too?
Certainly not. What I added to gitignore in the separate directories are the
test executables like magvar/testmagvar or screen/TestRenderTexture. This is
what we already had in .cvsignore before. Common rules shall be kept in the
root .gitignore for sure.

Fred - thanks for pointing out the missing 'n'. Trust me, I checked a dozen
times and never noticed that typo.

Torsten