Hi All,

I currently have a number of local changes in my fgdata tree that should
either be kept local, or be stored elsewhere. More specifically, I have
created a custom camera-settings file that drives three monitors, I have
placed this file inside my fgdata directory, and refer to this file from my
preferences.xml file. In addition to that, I have s few other minor
modifications in preferences,xml that should be kept local.

My question is how to keep these changes local without interfering with git.
In essence, I would like to be able to continue to use git to update whatever
changes are made to preferences.xml, while keeping my changes local. CVS
seemed to be able to merge in any updates, as long as there wasn't a conflict,
but GIT seems to be a bit pickier. I did find the git stash command, but I'm
not sure yet that this is the most appropriate way to deal with local changes.
Therefore I'd like to hear about other possibilities.

Alternatively, if there is a way to to get my custom camera settings working
from outside of the fgdata tree then I'd also love to hear about that (other
than writing out all the settings as a series of --prop: command line options
inside .fgfsrc. :-)

Cheers,
Durk