On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 10:52 +0200, fiers...@zonnet.nl wrote:
> Hi Torsten (and others),
>
> I noticed that the autopilot on the Aerostar700 keeps climbing, despite
> what I set the AP to. I was trying to level out at FL120, but the AP was
> happily climbing to almost FL200 when I disabled it.
>
> Is this in the new code or in the plane?

This sounds very similar to the problem I encountered 3 days ago with a
number of aircraft. If you are rebuilding from the (fairly) latest git
code base for simgear and flightgear, then you need to also update your
data directory from fgdata.

I've copied Torsten and James reply below;

> Greetings,
>

>    I did a GIT update and rebuild recently and have noticed that no
> properties under /autopilot/internal/ are being set or updated.
>    Quite a few autopilot XML files use the lookahead speed and
> fdm-heading-bug-error amongst some others.
>
>    Does anyone know where they went and if they are coming back.
The calculation of these properties is no longer performed "hardcoded"
but
using a separate and additional "autopilot" configuration file. This
should be
included by your preferences.xml.
Please check if you have something like
 <autopilot>
    <path>Aircraft/Generic/generic-autopilot-helper.xml</path>
   </autopilot>
near line 226 of preferences.xml
If not: do a git pull on the fgdata.
If yes: You found is is a bug.

Greetings, Torsten

----------------------

On 1 Jul 2010, at 19:53, Torsten Dreyer wrote:

> Please check if you have something like
> <autopilot>
>    <path>Aircraft/Generic/generic-autopilot-helper.xml</path>
>   </autopilot>
> near line 226 of preferences.xml
> If not: do a git pull on the fgdata.
> If yes: You found is is a bug.

And if you're using the 777, it's a known bug, which has a short-term
work-around; longer term, I have a rewrite of the AP pending, but it's a
couple of weeks from being committed.

James