Hi Yves,
I am new to flightgear development. I have been looking into improving the
cessna cockpit lately. For details, you can read this thread on the forum
http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9249

Some of the c172p instruments are taken from Aircraft/Instruments-3d rather
than Aircraft/c172p/Instruments (Magnetic Compass and Altimeter for instance).
Also instruments are of unequal quality in terms of texture resolution and 3d
modeling. I am trying to unify textures to 256x256 pixels for instrument faces.
I am waiting to hear from people involved with the c172p cockpit to look into
the 3d models.

On my forum message is a small script for ImageMagick to index all the textures
used in an aircraft folder. Please let me know if you would like me to adapt it
to batch convert all the .rgb files to .png. The script will recurse through
all the subfolders from pwd.

As I am new to all this, I am just making files available through my webspace,
I am not using GIT/CVS.
Yours,
Stephan.