George

> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Chris Wilkinson
> <blobster...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I reported author 'Dan H Freeman' to that website as being misleading
> about
> > his software and running a scam, explaining the situation with
> FlightGear
> > and ProFlightSim. They asked if I was a 'representative' of FlightGear.
> > replied that I was a user of the software, but not deeply involved in
> the
> > development/community as such. They then suggested that if the
> > "creators/operators" of flightgear would like to contact them then
> please go
> > ahead.
> >
> > So if anyone more entrenched in the development of fg would like to take
> up
> > this offer to communicate with EzineArticles, regarding Dan H Freeman
> and
> > his little enterprise, please let me know. I will forward the contact
> email
> > address. The goal I suggested to EzineArticles would be to remove his
> > articles from the site, due to the misleading nature of his business. I
> > informed them of reports from people being ripped off by the scam, and
> about
> > the use of mis-appropriated historical names on the websites and other
> > immoral tactics being used, including the registration of the
> > 'www.flightgear.us' domain.
> >

> I was trying to figure out "What's in it for them?".
>
> Having a read of the article the link below, it reads well and looks
> balanced until you get to the bottom of the page. The last few
> paragraphs says:
>
> >From http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-The-F/A-22-Raptor-The-Best-Figher-Jet-
> In-2011?&id=5345920
> "Download the *MOST REALISTIC* airplane flight simulator ever created
> for home users.
>
> Click the link to visit ProFlightSimulator below:
> - airplane games
>
> Experience real life flying with accurate worldwide scenery based on
> actual terrian with over 20,000 real airports and 120 different
> planes.
> Its the next best thing to being up there!
> "
>
> So they get a better page ranking on Google due to the links back to
> the proflightsimulator. Grrr.
>
> Note: Terrian is their typing mistake. lol

All the ezinearticles looklike a scam to me. I note an Affiliates program -
sound familiar? Dan H Freeman's articles are riddled with spelling mistakes
and inaccuracies try this one:

P51 -

"Infact, it is said that nearly 5 pilots earned the name "Aces" after
killing enemies flying this plane."

4.9 pilots perhaps?

Vivian