On 27.02.2011 15:48, Geoff McLane wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 14:06 +0100, Roberto Inzerillo wrote:
>> Well, it works ... but the telnet connection is very slow
>> and that slows down every intercation, it makes it far less than realtime
> I quickly added some 'timing' to my telnet access,
> through a perl script, and find :-
>
> 39 accesses took 15.57 secs, av 0.4 secs per access...

Hi,
a look at the sources shows that a fixed polling interval is used for
telnet - default is 5Hz. So it cannot process more than 5 commands per
second. That's why it's slow. There's better methods of implementing
socket communication instead of polling, but I haven't looked into the
module and don't know why this was chosen. The polling interval is
configurable though - so you can speed it up. Use:
     fgfs ..... --telnet=medium,direction,HZ,localhost,PORT,style

Use HZ to select the polling frequency (e.g. "100") and PORT for the
telnet port (e.g. 9999). The other parameters are unused (it seems) when
using the telnet protocol. Probably there for historic reasons (?).
Maybe Curt knows. Remember you have to specify 6 parameters separated by
a "," - otherwise you cannot configure the polling frequency. So call
something like
     fgfs ..... --telnet=foo,bar,100,foo,9999,bar

cheers,
Thorsten