While test-flying METAR functionality with my weather system over the
weekend, I had two times the following scenario:

The loop controlling the generation of new weather as one flies to a new
location died (telltale symptom - clear skies in spite of METAR saying
otherwise), other loops were still running fine.

On exit, the console was to the limit of my ability to scroll back full with

Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at after
RenderBin::draw(..)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at after
RenderBin::draw(..)
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' at after
RenderBin::draw(..)
(...)

so that I could not get any error message from the Nasal code which would
shed any light as to why the loop actually died.

I tried both times immediately afterwards to fly over the same area (with
same METAR) again to see if I could reproduce the error, and I could not,
on the second try everything was fine.

So, I am wondering:

1) Am I seeing something unrelated, which just by a funny coincidence
obscures an error message from the Nasal code that it relevant for me by
generating tons of warnings?

2) Am I seeing something related to what I do, e.g. am I using an
ill-formed model somewhere that may cause rendering errors, but something
that isn't really connected with the Nasal code?

3) Or can Nasal code somehow cause this behaviour?

I'd be glad if anyone could give me a clue what I am looking at here.

Cheers,

* Thorsten