Hi,

well, I have to explain:

> > It seems more and more that people prefer using the
> forum instead the
> > devel-list.
>
> vs.
>
> > Forum activity is winding down too- all the informal
> aircraft/scenery
> > developers have either left or are inactive.
>
> What a nice example of perceptional relativism! We have the
> same set of
> data (= the actual number of posts to development related
> topics in the
> forum and on this list), and yet one person can see the
> forum on the rise,
> the other on the decline. To add to the confusion, I can't
> see either.

Before we had the forum all things like developing new features; adding new
codes; developing new aircraft etc. have been discussed here on the list.
The forum was more for the users.

Now it seems to me it has changed. The list is quiet since a while now; there
are only few announcements for code changes, (in the past we had more, though
the number of changes are still similar), and as I can see more and more people
using the forum for questions about developement and coding.

I must admit, that the quality of the forum depends much on the users we have.
On the one side a got big help on modelling the EC130 B4, more than expected.
On the other side I see a lot of spam by younger users in the forum, which
makes reading more and more difficult and unpleasant.

I tried to get my account deleted two times already, but Stuart and Gijs didn't
let me go! ;-)

> I'd imagine that springtime is coming in many northern
> hemisphere
> countries (not yet here in Finland, alas) and I'd think
> (and hope...) that
> people like to go out rather than write code or write forum
> posts or mails
> to the list.

If the weather is fine, yep, the real pilots here like Detlef, Syd and others
spent their time getting some more hours of flight, some others like me prefer
spending the time outside. Always visible in the summer months.

Heiko