On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM,  Thorsten Renk wrote:
> But if people feel that things inside e.g. the Local Weather package (or
> somewhere else) should be ported from Nasal to C++ - by all means do so,
> don't just complain :-)  You have the Nasal code available, I for one am
> entirely willing to explain to anyone who wants to hard-code something
> what certain things do and how things tie together - I'm just not going to
> do it myself.

FYI I'm currently looking at adding support for creating a 3D shader cloud
using Nasal, to bypass the need to have XML wrappers etc. I'm hoping
that this can off-load some of the low level quad-tree  work you currently
have to do.

This might allow us to either conver the Local Weather package to C code,
or alternatively  (and more likely?) move all Global Weather  management
code into Nasal so we can integrate them together properly.

We should discuss exactly what API makes most sense for this.

-Stuart