On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 03:12:24 PM Curtis Olson wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Claus Christmann <h...@gatech.edu> wrote:
> > Have you looked at the "ground control station" for the Parrot AR Drone?
> > http://youtu.be/wtlp7jwvkd4
>
> The Parrot AR drone is a cool product, but that's a proprietary system,
> right?  In our case we would have significantly different design and usage
> goals compared to the parrot drone, but certainly we would need to
> accomplish many of the same technical hurdles.
>
> Our drone flies well beyond wifi range.  We are primarily focused on
> outdoor use.  The parrot AR drone (as best as I can tell from the videos
> I've seen) is primarily a remote piloted vehicle -- with computer
> stabilization.  It probably wouldn't take much to make it fully
> autonomous, but that's not the primary usage that I've seen.  (Interactive
> real/VR blended dog fights.)
>
> Curt.

Hi Curt,

you are right in all of your points. I was just wondering if you simply looked
at their software SDK (for a GCS). AFAIK their GCS is iPhone only, but some
people have compiled it for Android. So maybe those guys could give you a hand
for your GCS system.

http://www.shellware.com/BlogEngine.Web/page/ARPro-for-Android.aspx is one
example of an Android GCS for the Parrot.AR

Good Luck,

Claus

--
Claus Christmann, M.S.