On Tuesday 31 May 2011 14:17:23 Mathias Fröhlich wrote:

> So, what to do:
>
> The real solution is hard. Tim effecs code *probably* shows how to solve
> this. I have never double checked if this is done in a waterproof way, but
> I would guess this is ...
>
> A solution that might at least work for most configurations could be like
> this: Make sure the splash screen draw already asks for a bunch of
> extensions in the osg way. Then make sure we do not need the decision
> before the spash screen is there. Tehn finally use the osg extension query
> functions with an appropriate second argument to make sure the cached
> result is taken for this mentioned static initialization time usage in the
> sky code.
>
> Hope this helps a little ...

First: thanks to you, Thorsten and Anders for your help. I tried just
commenting out the extension checks and indeed, FG starts and is using two
threads which for the first time since I switched to using the free radeon
driver gave me somewhat usable framerates up to 15fps :)

Next I will try your suggestion using OSGs caching. Seems like the least
intrusive way to get this working with enabled checks.

Stefan