On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 07:35 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> ThorstenB wrote:
> > But this and other posts today show [...]
>
> This is by far the best characterization of The FlightGear Projects
> age-old disease I've ever read,

As I see it there are two sides to the story, users who criticize too
quickly but also developers who don't seem to handle criticism
particularly well (not that I'm accusing Thorsten here).

Add to  that that non native English speakers might sound a bit short
cut to native English speakers and that non native English speakers
might find comments from other non native speakers insulting because of
these misunderstandings while there's actually no intention to do so and
there's a problem.

Personally I like the idea of being able to fetch new scenery from
within FlightGear itself. Working a bit more towards what users expect
and appreciate isn't a bad thing, it could even attract new developers
who might just want to work on the areas you think FlightGear is lacking
(scenery, selecting a new aircraft at runtime). That's how it has always
worked so far. The first 3d models weren't particularly attractive but
showed that it works and that attracted new developers. Because of that
the 3d models created these days are just about the best you can get.

Erik