Hi fellows, many thanks for congratulating, privately and publicly !!
....  and thanks for sharing your individual experience and insights
with me  ;-)

Actually, even though every little child is quite special on its own, I
don't expect our daughter to completely drop me out of the usual loop.
We (Ralf Gerlich, Jon Stockill and myself) managed to do the 1.0.1
World Scenery release when our son was just a few months old, thus I
assume I'll continue to be capable of acting within a reasonable
latency even with our new family member on board.

Anyhow I'd repeat my invitation for joining the FlightGear Scenery
effort, there's always much to do.  One task I personally would like to
delegate is writing an Apache server-side (preferrably in Python, Perl
or PHP) script for uploading and, most importantly, consistency-
checking of Scenemodels submissions.  Currently I'm running a local
Shell script over every submission to strip DOS line endings, to check
wether AC3D models referred from "<path>" tags in XML files are
availale (and consistent), to check if all texture files are present
(and of reasonable size), to verify wether the positional information
is in proper shape ....  and the like.  Finally my consistency checker
creates an SQL script from all of this to post into the database.

This procedure should be run right on the webserver to enable every
submitter to check wether his contribution meets at least the technical
requirements without manual interaction from either Jon or myself, so
we just need to confirm the submission (via access-protected web page
for example). Anyone ?

Cheers,
        Martin.