OK so I tried to trick FG several different ways, none of which really work,
I tried to get it to send data to one serial port and receive it on another
that sort of works but after about a minute or so FG just stalls and stops
sending data, and basically stops responding to all command inputs.  Another
method I tried was to have it send data out on through a UDP and accept data
in on a COM port, that basically had the same effect.  My last option is to
try to have it send and receive to two different sockets, I really hope that
works.

However I think this has issues to, does FG have to be the server when
receiving data?  Because I couldn't get it to actually connect to the socket
unless I turned off the app I was using to transmit data to FG on the socket
and of course once I turned the app off FG was able to connect to the
socket/port but then the app couldn't connect at all, so I'm guessing FG has
to be a the server when receiving data???

It doesn't really look like FG can transmit and receive data at the sametime
at all on windows anyway you slice it, I mean every single thing I try it
fails or has some goofy error.

One last thing is there a way to ensure that FG is sending out its outputs
in floating point format, because I'm not sure it is, I have the generic
file setup for binary mode, but I'm not convinced that FG is transmitting
data as floats, I think it might actually be transmitting data as integers
or something else.  I make this observation because the data I did get cause
an action in my algorithm which didn't make sense.  The auto pilot switched
to flight mode while still on the ground, it wasn't susposed to do that
until it reached 1800 feet, so thats why I'am assuming that the output it
received from FG as the altitude couldn't have been in floating point format
it must have been an integer or maybe a double, or something but whatever it
was it wasn't a float.

I looked at the perferences file in the FG directory, and I changed all the
double types to float, should that do it?  I loaded it under the
configuration option in the advanced options menu, but when I started FG
back up and hit the "/" key and looked at the outputs the values still said
double.