John, it's not crashing. It's possible to either fly to an airport or move the
plane "position aircraft on ground". It only hangs if you select directly an
airport for ex. TNCM. Try and convert TNCM to see the effect.

So I guess it's maybe the number of objects that makes fgfs hanging only at
directly loading an airport. For now I'm lost in the code, let me know if you
find something.