On Saturday, October 15, 2011 02:41:15 PM TDO_Brandano - wrote:
> Really, couldn't we just split off all the aircrafts to a separate SVN
> repository? Or to several GIT repositories? That way they could be checked
> out individually. I don't think we need the level of detailed history that
> GIT provides when it comes to aircraft data, and that way it would be
> possible for the Flightgear frontends to grab the aircrafts dynamically,
> if not even FGFS itself when using the multiplay protocol. And a developer
> should not need to download EVERY aircraft that was ever made for FGFS,
> One aircraft to test FGFS itself would be enough in most cases, and when
> checking aircraft specific issues it's a quick job updating only the one
> plane under exam.
>
> Cheers,
> Alessandro

I don't think one aircraft is enough to test FGFS with.  Too many differences
between these aircraft.  YASim vs. JSBSim and vastly different use of Nasal are
just two examples.  But I think it should be possible to test everything in
FGFS with perhaps 8 or10 aircraft and there is definitly no need to have every
aircraft in GIT for this testing.  So the basis idea that we don't need all of
the aircraft in GIT for testing is correct.

Hal