Hello everybody,

I apologize if my initial mail did not describe it clearly enough. I
hope this mail helps with all of your questions:

Before you go on a disclaimer ahead: There has been a minor (not just in
a manner of speaking) complication with the new FGDATA repository, so
there is now a new-new fgdata repository (which has that minor issue
rectified, although the old-new fgdata was perfectly usuable aswell).

We are currently doing the final reviews on the new-new fgdata and that
should be the fgdata to pull, once everything is verified.

There are the following repositories now:

========

fgdata

an2
14bis
21
707
717
727-230
737-100
737-200
737-300
737ng600
737ng700
737ng800
737ng900
747
...etc...

=========

The first repository is the plain fgdata which everyone will need to
clone. It will sit in the place where the current fgdata (with all the
airplaines) sits and replace that. For that, you will have to move the
old fgdata to a place elsewhere. And if you don't have any local
branches on it, you can already delete it.

If you have local changes, you will have to prepare patches between
current master-tip and your local branch-tip, and apply these patches to
the new fgdata master-tip.

The following repositories are the aircrafts. You will have to clone
every aircraft which you would like to have as a git repository. And you
should clone them into a different directory than fgdata (strongly
recommented).

If you want all aircraft, you will have to clone all aircraft.

These are the simple facts.

---------

For your convenience, here is a script which pulls and updates all
aircrafts from our central repository which you would like to have.

In order to use it, you need to create a textfile into which you put the
names of all aircrafts which you would like to have. Each name into its
own line. Example

---------
an2
21
747
b29
---------

Then you run this script like this

$ ./fgaircrafts <path to list> <path to aircraft directory>

Example:

$ ./fgaircrafts list.txt /usr/local/flightgear/aircraft

Those aircrafts which have already been cloned will be pulled, those
which are not yet there will be cloned.

Note: The script operates on the repositories in parallel, so don't
expect any readable output on the commandline.

<Script Attached>
#!/bin/bash

if [[ ! -f $1 || ! -d $2 ]] ; then
        echo "Usage: $0 <listfile> <target>

<listfile>      File with names of aircrafts to manage, one aircraft per line
<target>        Directory into which to put the aircrafts"
        exit 1
fi

(
        cd $2
        while read ac ; do (
                if [[ -a "$ac" ]] ; then
                        if [[ -d "$ac" ]] ; then
                                cd $ac
                                git pull
                        fi;
                else
                        git clone
"git://gitorious.org/flightgear-aircraft/$ac.git"
                fi
        )& done <&3
) 3<"$1"