Michael

There is no debugger for nasal that I know of. When I have problems I often
add print statements.

You could try another one in map.nas like this after line 327. This warns if
you have no map available for your current position. No map = no display!
In this case reposition your aircraft to an airfield where you have a map.

        setprop(mapnode ~ "moving-y", (lat > 0)? frac(lat) : 1 -
abs(frac(lat)));
    }
    else {
        print (" WARNING: terrain map not found \n");
        actual_map = "";

There is no point in me sending my nasal file as it has been modified to be
specific for my own aircraft. The most up to date one is at
https://gitorious.org/zakharov.

Have you tried pressing all of the buttons on the MFD display? One of them
turns on the map. I found the buttons rather confusing as they keep changing
function depending upon the MFD mode setting.

You could also try with my TSR2. Download the zip file at
http://v-twin.dynip.sapo.pt/alan/VickersAircaft/TSR2/TSR2.zip. To turn on
the moving map turn on the toggle switch that is at the bottom left of the
circular map screen, just below the dimpled brightness control. At the
moment the map should light up even without aircraft power. It uses the
ZKV1000 maps in the same path as those used by Hondajet/Da42.

Alan