On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 11:02 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> James Turner wrote:
>
> > Looks very good to me - especially when it's combined with some of
> > the shader / materials work that is coming!
>
> Ah, well, I'm having mixed feelings about the shaders because they're
> imposing a huge performance hit onto our bigger multi-monitor setup ....

Did you try to lower the effects lever to below 4.0?
The more sophisticated city shader brings my system to it's knees but
the old city shader gives a solid 60fps for me.

Notice that lowering the lever may cause a shader bug which is fixed
when restarting flightgear (city areas might disappear).

Erik