The worst thing with MS Flight Simulator is the requirement to manually
collect all sorts of addons, scenery files etc. all scattered over
different places, websites on the internet with different installation
guidance, setup programms, download sites and login & registration
procedures or even incompatibilities between the addons. This is a real
nightmare for the user.

That isn't necessary with flightgear, when everything is in the main
official scenery packages or git data repository of the flightgear
project.
The price for this is to require only one license, the GPL.
And there should be a motivation for the editors to put their scenery
work under the GPL, the motivation can be, that the data is available in
the main scenery repository under one place.

So in my opinion, i wouldn't support other editors and scenery projects,
that want go their own way with their own license on different websites
all scattered over the internet by placing a link to all these projects
on the main flightgear website.
It leads to a nightmare for the user, like it is the case with MS Flight
Simulator or X-Plane today.

Collecting all sort of stuff over different places is a mess and time
consuming.

Best Regards,
 Oliver C.