Hi Jason,

Jason Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 17:49 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:

>> Supplying the flags "--xdist=19 --ydist=18" (around a center at
>> "--lon=9.875 --lat=49.375", but there's no difference with "--lon=10
>> --lat=49") seem to work nicely (test is still running, but looks good
>> so far), but just swapping the numbers for xdist and ydist or selecting
>> any bigger number for either of them results in "fgfs-construct"
>> pretending to having finished successfully, but writing not more than
>> approx. 30 MByte of terrain tiles to the disk.

> this sounds like the memory leak that I reported a few months ago that
> no one else could see.
> If you watch the memory use during the build I suspect that as each tile
> is processed it memory allocation will remain thus by the time you get
> to the end there is no more memory and the process fails.

I'm not certain if we're  looking at the same issue. The case I'm
describing above typically runs for less than 6 minutes ! and barely
consumes any memory.  Even the large single job which ended this
evening, creating 3 GByte of terrain in more than two days !! didn't
run out of memory, no oom killer was stepping in.  It just ran into a
segfault, which, as you certainly know, is a pretty common case.

Cheers,
        Martin.