I see, I am sure there are more. I must admit I am more familiar with aircraft
that are a bit more modern then the models you mention. But I do know (I just
had a look) that an old PA28-200 has a seperate, parallel cylinder with a
handle in the middle console and a knob to fix it.
Using the master cylinder (or a seperate one) is not a very smart thing to do
as they are notoriously leaky. I guess that is why newer aircraft designs use a
seperate brake valve...

But I would say a 'double' property is appropriate and the characteristic
depends on the individual aircraft.

Cheers,

Eric

BTW Stefan: FAR/JAR/CS23 requires that the brakes are able to keep the (braked)
wheels from turning with engine at take-off power. It does not require to hold
the aircraft at its position (thus slipping is allowed).