Or to use those funds to ship the machine(s) to a data center that is within
walking distance of the sysadmin. :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curtis Olson" <curtol...@gmail.com>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 3:32:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] FlightGear mapserver offline

A while back I helped setup a 2000 node server farm and it was pretty cool.
 Each node had a small embedded linux processor on top of the console
access that provided a virtual console over the net -- so you could power
cycle, reset, mount virtual DVD images -- all remotely.  The only tricky
part was figuring out the IP address of the particular virtual console
interface you wanted when you had 2000 of them to sort through. :-)  We ran
"rocks" which offered a lot of tools for sorting through this and managing
all the details.  But if we need to start a fund to fly Martin to
California, just let us know and we'll make it happen. :-)

Curt.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Martin Spott <martin.sp...@mgras.net> wrote:

> EViLSLT - Rob wrote:
>
> > Do you have any pictures or dumps of the errors you get upon booting?
>
> I think you've understood the problem: I'm waiting for a helping hand
> to enable console access for me.  I'm quite confident that I'll be able
> to fix the issue within minutes or seconds after gaining functional
> console access,
>
>        Martin.
> --
>  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are !

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/
http://www.flightgear.org - http://gallinazo.flightgear.org