Hi all,

I just filed a nasty little bug here:
http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=797

I'm not sure if it's directly related to Rembrandt or it is a long
standing bug with effect/inherits-from > Effects/model-transparent,
but it brakes the A-6E ADI (Attitude Indicator) and in certain
cases (less serious) the f-14b radar screen. Removing the
lighting of these instruments *with* Rembrandt makes it ok *without*
Rembrandt.

Alexis

Below the bug:

--

Start the A-6E with:
--prop:/sim/model/A-6E/controls/VDI/display/off=false

The problem will occur with or without Rembrandt enabled

You should see a funny video screen on the panel just in the
middle, it looks like a early 80' video game, sorry for that
but it is realistic.
When you pitch the view down, some layers who compose the
instrument will appear and disappear.

If you remove from /Aircraft/A-6E/Models/vdi.xml the block
<effect>
   <inherits-from>Effects/model-transparent</inherits-from>
from line 8 to 22 the bug disappear.

The problem is that this block is necessary so the video screen
is lighted under Rembrandt.
I tried to insert a condition on Rembrandt enabled into this
block but it didn't anything.

*What is the expected output? What do you see instead?*

See:
http://www.maison-capestang.com/fg/a6/rembrandt-issue-10deg.png
http://www.maison-capestang.com/fg/a6/rembrandt-issue-14deg.png
http://www.maison-capestang.com/fg/a6/rembrandt-issue-17.6deg.png

*What FlightGear version (or GIT date)?*

fgdata GIT: 2012-07-03, 19:50 GMT, I just pushed the issue into master
fgfs GIT: 2012-07-01

*What operating system and graphics card?*

- AMD Opteron Processor 146 stepping 01
- Linux duck 2.6.32-41-generic #91-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 13 11:44:43 UTC 2012 i686
GNU/Linux
- Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS, driver version 260.19.06
- OSG 3.0.0

Note, I have the same kind of issue with the f-14b radar displays
(below the VDI), but there the issue is less obvious/serious.

Any way using effect/inherits-from > Effects/model-transparent
shouldn't cause such problems with rembrand't disabled, or is
it a long standing bug ?