My last comment to this subject.
I've got permission to distribute some swiss sceneries as GPL but only after
asking back. Obviously I had to, as the author said first that it needs to
remain Freeware.-
Now that's only possible because he bent back a little. But many
won't or can't do and hence we will lose stuff.

As for old aircrafts etc. I think anyway only the best should be included in
the standard releases.-

Now, there are example planes of X-plane that use SASL with Lua scripts for
instruments. In the licence they say: "The instrument folder and subfolders are
GPL but anything else is copyrighted.

Neat and simple, we're really dragging an old lead foot!