> Btw - what is the practical application of all that clever stuff? Any
> chance of a review of FGRun to include some of the new items?

All these effects (except night vision) are intended for our fellow
users that master the art of video making by simulating some of the
"features" of a real world camera, antique or modern. The more involved
effects (think lens flare and depth of field) may require more thinking,
but these one were easy to do and are cheap to run. And when they are
disabled, another shader is in action, so no cost when off.

They are available to git users through the Rembrandt rendering sub-dialog.
A teaser is provided in the august 2012 newsletter.

Regards,
-Fred