For the sake of completeness, there is also the xml parameterization system
often used for panel/instrument configuations.  However, the down side of
that is that it can lead to some crazy/convoluted path names that can be
brittle and are highly dependent on nesting levels -- a functional
but unwieldy extension to the property system. :-)

Curt.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 2:41 AM, Stuart Buchanan <stuar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM, Erik Hofman wrote:
> > As far as I know XML is processed in order of appearance, so this should
> > do the trick:
> >
> > <PropertyList>
> >    <config>
> >      <weight-and-balance include="passengers.xml">
> >
> >        <passenger1-kg>75</passenger1-kg>
> >        <passenger3-kg>80</passenger1-kg>
> >
> >      </weight-and-balance>
> >    </config>
> > </PropertyList>
>
> I think that will result in
>
> /config/weight-and-balance/passenger1-kg[0] = 60
> /config/weight-and-balance/passenger1-kg[1] = 75
> /config/weight-and-balance/passenger2-kg = 60
> /config/weight-and-balance/passenger3-kg[0] = 60
> /config/weight-and-balance/passenger3-kg[1] = 80
> /config/weight-and-balance/passenger4-kg = 60
>
> I think you need
>
> <PropertyList>
>    <config>
>      <weight-and-balance include="passengers.xml">
>        <passenger1-kg n="0">75</passenger1-kg>
>        <passenger3-kg n="0">80</passenger1-kg>
>      </weight-and-balance>
>    </config>
> </PropertyList>
>
> I've used similar schemes in the various materials.xml and effects
> definitions.
>
> -Stuart

Curtis Olson:
http://www.atiak.com - http://aem.umn.edu/~uav/