Thorsten wrote

> > Hmm . that's an underwhelming list, and I can't come up with anything
> > that's really any better. Does that encapsulate the problem?
>
> Well well, it would seem our shader-based treatment of light and the
> environment is quite competitive against what FSX has to offer:
>
> http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18325#p170811

Yes, I've been trawling around YouTube for anything which is better, or even
as good as our sky and sea. I think we are the at least the equal of FSX and
XPlane, and probably better. Slightly subjective though.

Been doing some more eye-candy myself:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57645542/fgfs-screen-093.png

using our new linear texture facility. It's not it FGdata yet, and I'm not
even sure it's going to make the next release.

But I wonder if that sort of thing really gives enough to justify going from
2.10 ->3.0?

Vivian