.

> * Thorsten

You could run out of uniforms on some gpu/driver configs, and those could be
dropped silently and then you end up with undefined behaviour in the shader.

For vec3 uniforms in effects syntax is like this:

<uniform-name type="vec3d" > 1.0 1.0 1.0 </uniform-name>

BTW: I've been discussing with the terragear guys something similar, with a
texture encoding material info accompanying the btg, and being generated at
scenery build time.
This texture would use a secondary set of texture coordinates, relative to
in-tile position, and would be read in the fragment shader, determining the
actual texture patch(es) to be used from a texture-atlas(sheet), and amount of
mixing.

There are issues with relying on the interpolation in the vertex shaders,
especialy with the irregular mesh model we have. You get long streaks along
"stretched" triangles, making edges in the mesh visible, basicaly creating
"starred" artifacts around the vertices, reading the info from a texture in
the fragment insures this doesn't happen.

Anyway this is only in the theoretical stage right now.

Emilian