On 25 Feb 2013, at 14:54, Anders Gidenstam <anders-...@gidenstam.org> wrote:

> What you want to do is a --local clone, e.g.:
> git clone --local ~/FlightGear/build/SimGear/simgear.git
>
> It creates hard links between the (or some) .git/* files in the new and
> origin repositories. It only works if both are on the same file system.
>
> I'm not sure if the repositories continue to share (new) changes when
> these are fetched from upstream. If not you need to run git fetch or git
> pull in first the local origin repository and then in the clone(s) to
> propagate new changes.

Yet another option is:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6270193/multiple-working-directories-with-git

Which was also mentioned on IRC - I've tried it with other projects and it
works just fine, but need a little bit of care, especially avoid having the
same branch live in both working directories. Essentially it automates creating
the links described above.

James