Hi James,

Thanks for the explanation.

Did I understand correct that the issue is much more complex than I though?
That one platform behaves completely different on different machines as
expected?

Wow, strange.

Because it did work pretty well some weeks ago, I thought the issue was more or
less solved. So now I was really surprised to see this issue again, and as I
didn't read anything from users using a different platform so I was under a
false impression.

Sorry about, I didn't want to rant. After deleting the nav cache files, it
worked but it needed 15min.
Unfortuantely I don't have the time to build FGFS myself, so I can't provide
any further help with a debug help as suggested on the bug tracker, but if
there is any other help from myself possible let me know.

@Alan:

> Please note the "smiley". ;-)  ;-)

I noticed it, but I unfortunately do know people reading here who are pretty
good in missing such smilies and trying to get their "benefits" from it...

> Do you have any nvdata.cache or navdata _2_11.cache files in
> ...../AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org ?

I have navdata _2_11.cache files here.

> Also, I do not have $FG_HOME set here, just FG_ROOT and FG_SCENERY.
It is set automatically here on win xp