The patches as described allowed me to build both fgadmin and fgrun on
Ubuntu 13.10 and on Ubuntu 12.10

Can someone tell me what the right way to get these changes committed
to next?  Do the maintainers respond best to

        1.  a git merge request,
        2.  a git merge request and an email on fg-devel
        3   an email on fg-devel with the patches attached

What's preferred?

Who do we ask for commits to fgfs
Who for fgrun?  gijs?
Is now the right time?  ( builds on Ubuntu 13.04 are broken without
this fix)

-Pat